It is really eye-opening to see some amazing facts about Search Engines. This emphasizes the fact that search engine optimization or local search engine optimization is very important for small-sized or medium-sized companies or even larger companies which are looking for a good online presence. Paying attention to SEO strategy, keyword research suggests that the right selection of keywords can significantly increase traffic to your website and this will eventually turn into good leads.
Here are some facts about user searches, search engines and patterns from the internet.
- The Top 2 online activities are search and email.
- 93% of all traffic comes from a search engine.
- Over 63% of all searches are performed using Google.
- Google changes its search engine algorithm roughly 500 – 600 times per year.
- Search engines drive 300% more traffic to sites than social media.
- 87% of smartphone owners use a search engine at least once per day.
- 60% of clicks go to the top three websites in the search engine results.
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate compared to only 1.7% for outbound leads such as print advertisements.
- 75% of users never click past the first page of search results.
- Marketers see SEO as becoming more effective, with 82% reporting effectiveness is on the rise and 42% of this group stating effectiveness is increasing significantly. (Source: MarketDive)
- The Backlinko study also reported that using a single image within content will increase search engine rankings. (Source: Backlinko)
- Businesses that have a strong keyword in the business name rank 1.5 spots higher than if there is no keyword in the name. (Source: Local SEO Guide)
- 62% of B2B marketers and 51% of B2C marketers have optimized their blogs for mobile in order to improve SEO. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
- Google “near me” searches have increased by two times over the past year. (Source: Search Engine Watch)
- 55% of searchers don’t know which links in the Search Engine Results pages are PPC ads, according to a new survey up to 50% of users showed a Search engine Results page screenshot could not identify paid ads. (Source: Search Engine Watch)
We collected this data from multiple sources, wherever we could, we mentioned the source of this information. You may be interested in finding what all LYB can do to help you with your SEO and Digital Marketing activities.